Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Gaining Confidence

Well, Perry interrupted me with a phone call just as I finished my warmup and was about to kick up the speed on the treadmill to tell me that I am officially registered in my first race. I don't know if the motivation I needed or changing it up to run by music by a few favourite artists instead of watching it on TV, but I made it through my second 3 miler intact. I ran for 2 miles nonstop, stopped for some water and to change the album on the MP3 player, then ran for another 1/2 mile, water, and finished the last 1/2 mile, all on a 4.5. Saturday's 3 miler was a mile at 4.0, then up to 4.2 for about a half mile, then fluctuating between 4.2 and 4.5 till the end. Still looking at Saturday's 4 mile run warily, though.

5 comments:

Real said...

You are smokin'!!

Real said...

What are you listening to when you run? I need to get special ear thingies for my iPod so I can listen while I run.

Jamie said...

Today I listened to the Sons of Provo soundtrack, then went to the Phantom of the Opera soundtrack.

Real said...

Phantom of the opera, are you serious?!?! That whole sound track all sounds the same. It's like one big song that goes on and on forever. I hate those songs.

I've only heard Sons of Provo once or twice, I think.

No Brideon, huh? *snicker*

Jamie said...

Great, now I'm going to have "Two Walls in an Endless Room" stuck in my head all day!

The theme song gives me goosebumps even thinking about it and I'm taken back to watching it in person and the adrenaline boost works really well near the end of a run.