Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Now, as if waiting for a late bus in the rain this morning, and Caleb practically getting a concussion on the playground wasn't enough- I now have the COMPLETELY INCOMPETENT afternoon bus driver. We're near the end of the route (3 more stops after us), but they have it on the schedule as 4 minutes away from the start of the route. Last year they got out at 2:15 and were home by 2:30, 2:35 at the latest. I went out to the bus stop at 2:15. At 3:15 (yes, 3:15) still no bus. Finally I see the bus at the next stop up, where my friend's kids get off. He let them off the bus and just sat there. My neighbour drives up and asks if the kids were home yet. I said no, the guy is just sitting there. So he drives up and talks to him. At the corner where I am, he's supposed to turn left and go up my street to the next 3 stops (2 are on my street). He stops at the corner, lets a girl off in front of her house. Then keeps going STRAIGHT!!!! I try waving him down, but he keeps going. I call my friend to see if Michaela was on the bus, and she tells me her kids say she was, and the little kindergartener next door wasn't even on the bus! Her mom had NO idea where she was! I call the school, they tell me to call Transportation. I've been trying for over an hour and the number has been busy (wonder why?grrrrrr). The school calls me at 4, telling me the driver took her back to school. My friend came over to sit with the kids since the two youngest were sleeping.

2 comments:

Kristine said...

Holy hair. I'd be a raving lunatic on the phone to transportation and to the school. That's just flat out dumb. Sorry you had to deal with that. Seriously, is Perry gone this week?

kodiak73 said...

Hey, don't pin this one on me! I was just in Topeka for the day! Just because things happen when I climb on an airplane doesn't mean I'm at fault...