Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Neighbourhood Course Take 2

Perry and I went out and did a little run through the neighbourhood, which turns out to be 3.1 miles (how convenient!). I wasn't too happy with the 37:39 time which worked out to 12:09/mile- I want a 35:00 5K. Of course, at the beginning of the summer, I just wanted to finish before an hour, lol, so any improvement is an improvement. I was kind of bummed, since my last Greenway time was a 34:00 3 miler (11:24/mile). Of course, the Greenway is flat and my neighbourhood definately isn't (my fastest mile was on the flat Wetlands part of the course). I asked to stop for water once. We stopped 2 more times (to look at some flowers and field a phone call from the kids) and I grabbed water then. I didn't walk at all, even on the hills. I did this course (and a little extra for a total of 3.4 miles) at the beginning of June. I thought I was going to die and even took a 6 minute sit down break while Perry ran around a loop without me. I ended up with a 51:57 time (15:15/mile). Definately improving, so I'm happy.

5 comments:

Real said...

I'm so proud of you. That's awesome.

kodiak73 said...

You were definately MUCH stronger than any run I've taken with you. That was great... and really the purpose behind my support of your running was selfish in nature. It is much more enjoyable to run with you than run alone.

Real said...

OOh, Jamie. Your husband's so romantic! Running with you is better than running than ALONE?!?!

I'm just kidding. It's sweet. Even if it does sound funny.

Jamie said...

He's also a great pacer.

kodiak73 said...

Hey, I'm pretty good company to myself. I have had many the run where I'm surprised when I get home because I've been lost in thought. I RARELY listen to music when I run because I enjoy the connection with nature... To say I enjoy Jamie more, does require clearing a hurdle. You are right though, it doesn't sound very romantic...