Monday, August 20, 2007

Thirteen

Thirteen years ago a little family was started.

A lot has happened in 13 years. A lot we didn't expect to ever go through, but, holding on to each other, we hung in there. I'm not one for deep thoughts, or eloquent words, so I'll just say that I love my husband even more now than I did when we first got married. The love caused by young hormones has given way to the love caused by more mature, though just as crazy hormones. As much as our lives have changed since that day 13 years ago, I was thinking about how huge the changes will be in the next 13 (in my perfect world)- our oldest back from a mission and in college, perhaps engaged himself, our oldest daughter learning to like online college courses from the safe confines of her room (lol), our next son getting ready for his mission, and a little girl getting ready to join her sister in her room until she's 30. The years have flown (time really does fly when you're having fun) and I can't have enough of them. Thank you, my love, for being the perfect husband, father, friend, and lover. Thank you for all you've given me- even though most of them involved sleepless nights and toxic waste diapers. Thank you for putting up with all of my idiosyncrasies (hey, spellcheck says I spelled that right!). I LOVE YOU!!!!!

I was going to post pictures, but the scanner doesn't want to seem to work for me, so I'll have to have my handsome husband figure it out when he comes home tonight : )

1 comment:

Me and The Boys said...

Congrats on being married that long!! I can't wait till I hit the ten year mark!