Sunday, May 27, 2007

Nature's Twinkle Lights

We went to see Night at the Museum at a park by our house last night. It was a perfect day- not hot, not humid, no mosquitos. We had a picnic dinner, then set the kids out to play for the few hours before the movie started (this was the only downside to the outing- a movie that starts at dark, when dark isn't until 9:00). While we were waiting for the movie to start, the DJ of the sponsoring radio station mentioned the lightning bugs in the trees. This park runs next to the Chattahoochee River, so there are a ton of trees. It looked like a stadium where everyone was taking pictures at the action on the field. I have never seen so many lightning bugs going off at the same time, so often. It was a really neat thing to see.

1 comment:

Papa J said...

I've never seen a lightning bug in my life. I've got to put that on my to-do list.