Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Laundry Woo Hoo Day

On Saturday, Perry was getting a load of laundry out of the dryer when he noticed that the entire load had some sort of brown stain on them. Digging further in the drum, he found an empty brown crayon wrapper. This was Mischa's load, and probably about a third of her clothes. I just about threw up right then and there. I hit the web and the Crayola website has a great stain chart. Several forums I went to had the same advice. On Monday, I ran to the store for the ingredients I needed. I had enough WD-40 at home to do half of the load. Of that load, just over half came out clean. After more WD-40 was bought, I did the rest of the load and redid the half that needed it. On the second load, a few from the first load still needed a little help, and only one dress needed some help. I was out of propellant for the WD-40, so I just put some color safe bleach on the stains, and used my bleach pen on the white ribbon of the dress. Everything came out, except for the ribbon stains, and they are a whole bunch lighter. I figure if I get to them every time I wash the dress, they should be gone in 2 or 3 washes. I cannot tell you how relieved I am. It took about 8 hours in all, but it saved me from shopping.

No comments: