Monday, March 17, 2008

All Good Things Must End or Out with a Bang

20 years, 9 months. That's my perfect driving record. Or was my perfect driving record. I guess subconciously I wasn't satisfied with the presents I had picked up for Perry's birthday on Saturday.

I was pulling out of a shopping center about a mile away from the house, turning left. The lane closest to me was backed up, and the lady about to block the entry way waved me in front of her. I didn't see the pickup truck coming in the next lane over. Thankfully I was going slow and even though he wasn't, he saw me and swerved, so there wasn't much damage to the cars (I at least punctured the antifreeze tank and knocked out my headlight completely). I freaked at first because all I saw at the time of impact was glass going everywhere. Turns out this guy is from a glass shop on his way to an installation. Now we have the fun of deciding what to do with our 11 year old car. Ugh.

Josh loved that the policeman gave him a badge, and he and Anneliese loved running around the shopping center for the hour and a half we were there.

Liesie was really cute when we got home, though. I started crying on the way home and she deemed my eyes sick (she is just getting over pinkeye right now, so she's an expert) and insisted I go to bed. I told her I would once I had some lunch and the box of Girl Scout cookies sitting in the fridge (yay booth sale yesterday), but she grabbed my finger and marched me right up. I came down after a minute and when she discovered me, insisted I go back up. I sat at the top of the stairs so Perry and I could talk, and she kissed all over my face. As demonic as her little going-on-3 self can be at times, she sure can be an angel.

I'm thankful no one was hurt, and the guy I hit was really nice, but I had quite the busy week this week, and having this bop around the back of my head for the next little bit isn't going to help.

Oh well. Happy Birthday Honey!

As an aside, as I was waiting for my lunch to heat up, I remembered that we were almost out of gel and allergy medicine, so I wrote those really quick on the shopping list. Perry took the pen out of my hand and added 'car'. Gotta love him!

2 comments:

Real said...

Yikes. Glad everyone is okay. So are you the kind of person who has fun looking for adn buying a new car?

Jamie said...

No, all I can see is the $$$, lol. We haven't had a car payment in so long and the insurance was just down to liability, so this is a bit of a hard pill to swallow.