Saturday, November 11, 2006

A thank you, 8 Brownies, and a belated birthday and anniversary

I just wanted to say thank you to all those who have served in our military. Some of you have been to hell and back, just so I can have peace of mind when I tuck my kids into bed on the other side of the world. Thank you.

Last night my Brownie co-leader and I took our girls out to Target for our service project. We adopted 2 little girls from the Appalachians. Six of the girls were ours, 2 were older sisters of two of the girls. Near the end, it became more of a "ooh, I want that" trip, but we ended up not being kicked out of Target and our two little girls are going to have a really great Christmas.

Yesterday was a complete beast. I helped Caleb's teacher do some copying in the morning. Came home, ate, and went to a neighbourhood playgroup. We ended up staying til it was almost time for the kids to get off the bus, then it was time to clean up a little, make dinner, then head out to Target. Needless to say, having a few minutes on the computer were hard to come by. I wanted to wish a belated birthday to the Marine Corps. Semper fi!

Yesterday was another big day. 16 years have passed since I became a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I can't believe it's been that long. I can't even imagine what my life would be like if I hadn't been baptized. Well, the baby's crying on me and grabbing at my arm, so typing is next to impossible. I'll have to write my conversion story another time.

No comments: