Friday, May 05, 2006

Jet lag

This week has gone by in a fog. We went to Phoenix for our best friend's daughter's sealing last Saturday. We left Atlanta at 9:30 p.m. and turned out the lights in our hotel room at 12:30 (3:30). We woke up at 5:30, trying to convince our bodies that it was 8:30 to them (our bodies then replied that if we were playing that game, we went to bed at 3:30). We drove over to my mom's house to surprise her and take her out to breakfast. We put Anneliese (the other kids had a weekend at Grandpa's) in her car seat with a note saying "Can I take you to breakfast?" on the front porch. We knocked on the door and hid around the corner of the house. My mom stood there dumbfounded. She was telling herself it was Anneliese, but there was no way it could be Anneliese. We popped out of hiding, and since she was about 5 minutes away from going to get her car's oil changed (the one snag in surprising someone), she was dressed and ready to go, so we got to spend 2 hours with her. We then left to drop the baby off with our friend's 3rd daughter so we could do a temple session with Perry's parents before the sealing. We finished the session with about 30 minutes to spare. About 15 minutes before the sealing, we were starting to get worried. We had seen only other people we knew. Perry went off to see if he could find someone else when he ran into the daughter we were surprising, who had just arrived. She didn't get it at first, asking him why he was there. He said, "Well, why are you here?". She started crying. It was a hard secret to keep for all those weeks, but it was worth it. I love temple sealings. Other than the fact that you have the knowledge that you are sealed to your spouse for time and all eternity, you learn so much. During the session before, I had something pop out to me that I hadn't noticed before, and the sealer ended up talking about it. After the sealing, Perry mentioned what the sealer had talked about and how that that had popped out to him for the first time earlier. We then met up with his parents to go show them the baby (the other sister was babysitting for some of the other kids, so the baby was at the temple), then we headed off to the get together. We left Phoenix at 10:45 p.m. (2:45 a.m.). We had a last minute stopover in Dallas to pick up a donor heart and got into Atlanta at 6 a.m. We got to my dad's house at 7, Perry sat on the couch and slept for 2 hours. We got home at 9:30 and I slept from 10-4. I have been dragging ever since. I have taken 2 hour naps on two days and haven't done a whole heck of a lot cleaning wise. My dad just called and said that since we hadn't talked all week that he wanted to make sure that we were showing up for my stepbrother, stepsister, and sister-in-law's birthday dinner since we hadn't talked about it since Sunday. I was going to call him because I hadn't heard if we were doing anything or not. I still don't remember talking about this on Sunday. I think I'll go to bed early tonight. *yawn*

No comments: