Thursday, June 14, 2007

35

Yesterday was my birthday and I officially entered the middle-aged category. When I was younger (like in college), for some reason, I always skipped over this milestone when thinking of my future. I went straight to "old" (read:40). As I was lying in bed yesterday morning, I realized that 40 didn't seem so old. It's only 5 years away, and 30 to 35 wasn't that big of a deal. 50 doesn't even seem that old. I guess it helps that my parents are in their 60's and very active still. In high school, I always thought of myself going back to work, or being PTA president or something like that, since my kids would be in school and I'd have my days free. If I had only 2 kids like I planned in high school, I could be doing either of those things, but I guess with 4 kids, I'm doing pretty good being halfway there. Of course, I could hope to take after my grandmothers, both of whom are in their 90's. That way, I have another 10 years to go before I hit middle-age. Positive thinking does wonders!

No comments: