I was tagged by my friend, Beautopotamus to list 12 random things about me that have to do with Christmas. Since it's so close to Christmas, and since I'll be lucky to be able to do this in one sitting, I'm not tagging anyone else.
1. My favourite Christmas movie is Nestor, the Long-Eared Christmas Donkey. I'm not one to cry at movies, but this one gets me just about every time.
2. My second favourite is A Christmas Story. I could sit and watch the Christmas Day marathon if my family would let me.
3. Christmas doesn't officially start for me until I see Santa on the Macy's parade on Thanksgiving.
4. I hate non-religious Christmas songs. I'll somewhat tolerate Rudolph, and Frosty, but The Christmas Song and I'll Be Home for Christmas never get past the first few notes when I'm alone.
5. I think my mom wants to disown me for not putting tinsel on my tree. Growing up, we must've put about 6 boxes of tinsel on our tree, one strand at a time, every year. No kidding. I think the kids will have it tracked all over the house for me to find over the whole next year. Add the fact that we have a fake tree, all that tinsel has to come off.
6. I hate coloured lights. Hate hate hate.
7. I think I'm a pretty grumpy Christmas person reading over this list.
8. I won't go near a post office the month of December, so my packages never arrive until after New Year's. You're also lucky if you get a card before December's over, too.
9. Christmas stresses me more than any other holiday. Shopping for birthday presents really isn't a big deal for me, but shopping for Christmas makes me want to throw up. I hate the pressure and the crowds.
10. Yep, it looks like next year I'll be boycotting Christmas.
11. I make some sort of goodies for the neighbour's every year. In the past, I made cinnamon pull apart loaves (homemade cinnamon roll dough, cut each slice into quarters, throw it in a loaf pan and bake), but this year I'm doing Pioneer Woman's cinnamon rolls to a select lucky few.
12. Holy cow- I'm at the end and I'm still sitting. It's a Christmas miracle!! Last thing, hmmm.....My favourite Christmas album is by the Alston's. I don't think it's available anymore, but 3 of the sisters have a country album out now.